Tiles are very important for your house and it is important to maintain them in order to prolong their lifespan and avoid the diseases caused by dirty grout. Grouts if not cleaned regularly can accumulate a lot of dust and germs. Create problems for you and your family. In order to keep your tile and grout clean, you can use DIY methods. Professional tile cleaners can also be an option for you to get rid of the stains & dirt from the grouts. Read on to know about the best tips for helping grouts last long.
- Do Not Let Moisture Settle- Moisture can be one of the reasons for the grouts to get damaged. Accumulation of water when cleaning the tiles and grout can interrupt the cleaning of the grouts. Excess water or liquid can harm your tiles and it will expose your tiles which will lead to the formation of mould too. If the water is not removed on time it will move under the tiles and lead to damaging the tiles permanently. Removing the excess water is one of the tips for helping grouts last long.
- Do Not Use Harsh Chemicals- One of the best tips for helping grouts last long is by keeping the harsh chemicals away from them. Harsh chemicals can be one of the main reasons that can damage your tiles and grouts as well. You might think that strong chemical-based products can help you in removing stains and dirt but this solution can backfire easily. Also, make sure to avoid products that contain dyes in them because these are also dangerous for your tiles and grouts. Choosing the right product to clean your grout is important in order to avoid all types of damage to your grout.
- Do Not Let The Messes Linger- Stains and messes can be one of the problems that can cause problems to your grouts. Whenever you eat any food or drink any juice you might spill it by mistake and this can cause damage to your tiles. This is one of the problems that you need to take care of to protect and help your tiles and grout last long. Whenever you find any such stains make sure to get rid of them as soon as possible. This is one of the best tips for helping grouts last long.
- Regular Cleaning- Regular cleaning of your tiles and grout is also important to maintain them and prolong their lifespan. Wiping and moping are very important on a regular basis. You can use mild detergents and floor cleaners to get better tile and grout cleaning results. Other than this you can add disinfectants to the cleaning solution. To get a good smell from your floor you can add some amount of deodorizer or a few drops of natural oil in the cleaning solutions. This is one of the tips for helping grouts last long.
- Avoid Large Furniture- One of the best tips for helping grouts last long is you must avoid large and heavy furniture in your house. While placing your furniture on the floor, you must take care of many things. Heavy furniture can easily damage your tiles and to avoid this damage you can either place them in the corners or you can also place protective pads under them. Protective pads are usually placed under the legs of the chairs, sofas, tables and cabinets as they have a thick base that can damage your grouts permanently.
- Use Mats And Rugs- Mats and rugs can save your tiles and grouts from getting damaged. You can use these in heavy-traffic areas such as doorways and walkways. Mats and rugs are useful in catching the dust and dirt from the tiles and grouts which directly help in protecting your tiles and grouts from getting damaged. This is one of the most important tips for helping grouts last long.
- Pets Can Also Damage Your Grouts & Tiles – Pets are also one of the main reasons that can damage your tiles and grouts. Your pet’s nails should be trimmed regularly as they can damage your tiles. Pet’s hair and dander should also be vacuumed weekly. And one of the main problems is pet urine, which can cause corrosion on your tile finish.
Hire Professional Tile Cleaners- Save Grouts And Floors
We hope these tips for helping grouts last long help you. If you are spending so much money on your tiles, you should also make sure you clean them regularly. Professional tile cleaners can be the best option for you to clean & protect your tiles. Expert cleaners will not only clean your tile but will also help you in extending its lifespan.
You can hire professional cleaners at Tims Tile Cleaning Adelaide. We offer the best floor tile cleaning Adelaide services at reasonable prices across Adelaide. You can hire us by calling us at 08 6835 6085.